Whether in part or in whole, all content on this Web site is protected by the United States and international copyright law. AskGramps.org retains all reprint rights including the right to disallow reuse of content for any reason.
Occasionally, an article contains copyrighted material owned by others. In rare cases, copyright restrictions may apply. Please honor the stipulations of the copyright statements on each article.
As a general rule, you may print, forward or reproduce copy(s) of the content for personal and not-for-profit uses. In such cases you do not need to request permission, but you are acknowledging and agreeing that:
- AskGramps.org retains the ownership and management of the copyright;
- you will include the article’s exact copyright statement;
- you will display www.AskGramps.org in your reproduction; or, if you are reprinting on your Web site, you will hypertext link back to www.AskGramps.org;
- you will not modify the content in any manner without seeking our permission.
- For all other uses, including commercial uses, you must make written request and receive written permission.
When you correspond with Gramps, you are giving your permission to use all personal and proprietary content contained in your correspondence, including your name, without remuneration or credit of any kind. You are stating that the content you are sending us, and thereby assigning to us complete ownership of, is solely yours to assign and does not infringe on another person’s or entity’s copyright or privacy. If you have restrictions, you should edit your correspondence accordingly or make a clear note. Your correspondence to us, by which content ownership is transferred to us, also implies your agreeing that we have unrestricted permission to edit your content as long as the resulting edit does not infringe upon your privacy.