Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Can someone have a calling who does not live in the ward? What about an ex husband who is stalking his wife?



Dear Vivian,

Question mark 3If your ex is stalking you, get a restraining order. If you are worried about him being in the same ward tell your Bishop and Stake President.

Generally speaking one does not attend or receive callings for wards they do not live in. However there are exceptions that can be granted. This is why you need to let the Bishop and Stake President know, so they can respond appropriately to any attempts to get an exception.


Copyright © 2021 Ask Gramps - Q and A about Mormon Doctrine. All Rights Reserved.
This website is not owned by or affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (sometimes called the Mormon or LDS Church). The views expressed herein do not necessarily represent the position of the Church. The views expressed by individual users are the responsibility of those users and do not necessarily represent the position of the Church. For the official Church websites, please visit or

Pin It on Pinterest