Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hi Gramps,
I have been ordained a priest in the Mormon Church. Do you think it is possible to have angels minister unto me?? I need so much help, especially spiritually. Furthermore, I don’t really think I have a testimony of the Church, I’m not sure, I’m 16 years old and I do so much for the church in my callings and regular tracting efforts with the missionaries. I think I do all of these things because I was “born” in the Church, so nothing big actually converted me in. Please Gramps, what am I doing wrong? Why can’t I get what I need? Anything really, especially from the third member of the godhead. Help!!!!!!!!!!
Sphelele, from Durban, Kwazulu Natal, South Africa

Dear Sphelele,
It seems to me that all you need is a little patience. You see, the methodology for obtaining knowledge in true religion, quite the opposite from the scientific method of obtaining knowledge, is first, on the basis of faith, to yield obedience to a principle. After we accept as true a principle of the gospel and then put it into practice, through that practice and the positive results thereof, we gain a testimony given by the Holy Ghost that the practice is a true principle of the gospel. This may take a little time, but it will come. You are even now being guided by the influence of the Holy Spirit.

Copyright © 2024 Ask Gramps - Q and A about Mormon Doctrine. All Rights Reserved.
This website is not owned by or affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (sometimes called the Mormon or LDS Church). The views expressed herein do not necessarily represent the position of the Church. The views expressed by individual users are the responsibility of those users and do not necessarily represent the position of the Church. For the official Church websites, please visit or

Pin It on Pinterest